UNEP’s Regional Office for Europe (UNEP/ROE) – based in Geneva – promotes intergovernmental policy dialogue and regional cooperation, increases national capacity for environmental management and response emergencies, raises awareness and enhance information exchange, and translates global policies into regional action.
Within UNEP/ROE, UNEP’s Brussels Office aims at establishing regular and strategic relations with the European Union institutions (European Commission, European External Action Service, European Parliament, Council, Economic and Social Committee), and supports related partnership building efforts, through intelligence gathering, information exchanges, networking, as well as monitoring of policies and funding opportunities from the EU. The office also facilitates UNEP’s staff contacts with the EU, represents UNEP at meetings/conferences and supports the dialogue between UNEP and the EU both at policy and programmatic levels.
The role of outreach & information in the Brussels Office is closely linked to policy dialogue with the EU as well as programmatic partnerships. In practice, what this means is exploring opportunities for partnership with EU institutions, and ensuring a good flow of information and discussion in the spirit of partnership with the EU institutions, other UN entities & key partners.
The intern selected will gain pragmatic and professional experience of working at UNEP as well as engaging with various EU institutions. S/he will also gain an introduction to the broad range of UN & UNEP activities worldwide.
With starting date 18 August 2014, the intern will be mainly dealing with
- Targeted EU outreach
- Monitoring EU developments & news
- Outreach events
If you are interested, please apply (deadline 10 April) on https://careers.un.org/ (search category “internship”, duty station “Brussels”, Job ID 34150)
Please consider that this internship if for a 6 months period and is unpaid.
Vaccines Europe, a specialised group operating within the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA), is currently seeking to recruit a junior/entry level candidate for a Regulatory & Scientific Affairs Manager position with expected starting date April/May 2014.
Trainees from DG SANCO are strongly encouraged to apply.
Full Circle is a brand new Brussels club, for the international and Belgian community, interested in bigger things.
Our members range in age from late twenties to late 60’s, we span nationalities, professional sectors and tastes. But they are all generally opinion leaders and influencers among their friends and colleagues.
Our core activity is bringing great speakers, famous personalities and interesting ideas to Brussels and creating custom programmes for each visitor with different audiences (press, policy makers, academia, youth, political decision makers, and social setting). Besides our core activity, we are also building a progressive minded Brussels based community, and offering them a range of other activities and services.
We are seeking 2 interns to help us:
- build up a coterie of impressive, interesting and excellent fun members from all corners
- create fabulous visitor programmes for eminent visiting speakers
- design and organise events for both of the above!
If you know about and are interested in Soho House, The RSA and TED - then you’d be a great match with us.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Start date: ASAP after 10 March
Duration: Ideally 6 months (min. 3 months)
About us: www.fullcircle.eu
IBF International Consulting is a Brussels-based consulting company operating since 1977. We work on development aid projects financed by international organisations such as the European Commission, the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, as well as by the Belgian Cooperation, AusAid and DFID, both in developing and transitional economies. We provide our clients with expertise in the areas of education, economic and social development, institutional support and consumer protection.
The intern will be part of the Consumer Policy Center (CPC), within the Technical Cooperation Unit. The CPC is a small multidisciplinary team, working on the preparation of tenders and implementation of long term and short term missions in Europe and third countries.
The intern will support the CPC team in its daily work. His/her tasks will include, but will not be limited to:
IBF is currently looking for an intern with the following characteristics:
The intern must hold an internship agreement with his/her university
Excellent French and English. Good knowledge of Spanish is a distinct asset.
- Duration : 6 months
- Starting date : 1st March 2014
We are currently looking for a Project Assistant / Junior Project Manager, who speaks Arabic to at least an intermediate level, to support the following project, awarded recently and due to commence in February. This position is open to EU and non-EU applicants and would also be suitable for a Junior Expert.
Job description: Project Assistant / Junior Project Manager to support a technical assistance project aimed at supporting a Directorate of the Palestinian Ministry of Interior. The position will provide direct assistance to the project Team-Leader and to the project team and will involve extensive co-ordination and project management support to operations throughout the project implementation period.
Location: Ramallah, occupied Palestinian Territories (oPT) and Jerusalem
Start-date: Late February
Duration of assignment: Between six and eighteen months (to be confirmed next week)
Education: University level education or equivalent qualification in public administration or similar.
Skills required: Strong organisation and administrative skills and ability to prioritise tasks; a positive approach to finding solutions to complex or technical issues; basic knowledge of project management; ability to research and co-ordinate with variegated Stakeholders, international organisations and beneficiaries, in organising and taking part in meetings and trainings; ability to use discretion in verbal and E-mail communications; a strong interest in international relations and development sector work, primarily in the security sector reform, justice and law-enforcement reform fields, is desirable.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Good level of Arabic required;
- Good administration related and draft report writting skills;
- Ability to work with basic financial management, accounting and budget management;
- Experience in interpretation and translation, English-Arabic-English;
- Strong communication skills;
- Good team working skills are essential, together with diplomacy and discretion;
- Strong IT skills (MS Office, Word, Access, Excel, Power Point);
- Highly motivated and results oriented with the ability to plan ahead.
- Local knowledge of and/or experience in working in or with the Palestinian Public Administration;
- Previous experience in a donor Technical Assistance project;
- Clean driving license;
- Knowledge of EU policies and institutions.
- support Team-Leader and key Experts at meetings;
- support the Team Leader in compiling PCD work plans and six-monthly reports;
- manage all general office administration tasks;
- prepare meetings (including the drafting of meeting minutes and reports);
- event organisation of project activities (management of participants, travel, accommodation, visa, per diem, material, venues, equipment, etc.)
- provide interpretation and translation
- general financial management and accounting;
- communicating with Team, backstopping, participants and stakeholders;
- preparing of project events (planning, logistics, material, etc.);
- liaising with relevant department of the client/beneficiary;
- liaising with relevant project partners;
- update the project web site;
TRAINEESHIP/JUNIOR CONSULTANT – ECORYS Brussels
Closing date: 31/01/2014
As part of its expansion, Ecorys, a leading European research-based consultancy in the field of economic and social development, is seeking to recruit a full-time trainee/junior consultant in its Brussels Office. Please refer to our website www.ecorys.com for further information about us.
ECORYS Brussels is looking for 'polyvalent' persons to work within its Research Team. The position is two-fold and involves:
1) Research support for on-going and recently acquired European Commission projects across a variety of economic areas (e.g.industrial competitiveness, market performance, access to finance);
2) Contributing to proposal writing and general business development in the above areas and other areas of potential interest.
Europeana is a digital cultural heritage organization that works to aggregate digital cultural heritage from all over Europe. It is also a catalyst for change for cultural heritage and has been transformative in opening up data and access to cultural heritage and now leads the world in the field of accessible digital culture that will fuel Europe’s digital economy. As a result it aims to ensure that every citizen, whether young or old, privileged or deprived, can be a digital citizen. Through Europeana today, anyone can explore 27 million digitised objects including books, paintings, films and audio.
As such Europeana is looking for a IPR officer Intern, more information on the post can be found here. The role of this IPR Function is to implement the licensing framework, advocating to ensure a consistent and coordinated approach is taken throughout the Europeana Network, as well as dealing with the legal and strategic issues relating to open and authorised reuse of Cultural Heritage Objects.
Deadline for applications is Friday 17 January!
For the 2nd consecutive year, EYIF partners with the Global Entrepreneurship Week to organise an official event at the European Parliament on 13th November 2013!
This year leaders of the European Parliament and European Commission will meet the community of young innovators and entrepreneurs to inform the community about the significant number of financing opportunities that will for the first time be available to finance young entrepreneurs and innovators, their projects and initiatives as of 1st of January 2014.
On behalf of the European Young Innovators Forum we are pleased to invite you to a roundtable on:
Europe and Young Innovators: Funding Opportunities in the EU for 2014 - 2020
* Daniel CALLEJA, Director-General, DG Enterprise and Industry, Digital Entrepreneurship plan
* Mario CAMPOLARGO, Director, Net Futures, DG Connect, Web-Entrepreneurship and Start-up Europe initiative
* Maria da GRACA CARVALHO, MEP, Rapporteur on Horizon 2020, Innovation Voucher within the Horizon 2020 programme
* Pablo ZALBA, MEP, Vice-President Economic Affairs Committee
The event is followed by a networking cocktail.
Date and time: 13th November 2013, from 6pm to 7:30pm
Location: European Parliament, Altiero Spinelli entrace (from place Luxembourg)
Please register here: http://bit.ly/innoroundtable (You should pick up your badge on the day at 5:30pm from the EP entrance).
For further info please go to the following website: www.eyif.eu
Brussels is a place where during the next five months (at least!), you will not run the risk of getting bored! Don't believe us? :)
Then check out the following link - https://mapsengine.google.com/map/embed?mid=zUEBdBoAi_lM.kGsaqIgXFs8E
In order to make sure that you'll always find the best locations, your Stage Committee put their heads together and created a map on Google with all the good places – cafés, bars, pubs, clubs, restaurants, markets, parks, museums, cultural centres, theatres etc. etc. J
It will also be posted on our Facebook group soon! As you can imagine, this map is a constant work in progress… so if you know any other locations you think should absolutely be included on the map, just drop us a comment on the soon-to-be published Facebook post with the name, address of the place and why it is that good :)
Have fun exploring the city! :)
The lovely guys over at Wolrd Class Fitness now offer a 39EUROS a month membership, minimum 3 months, excluding use of the pool and a towel. Check out the partners page for more info or go to www.worldclassfitness.be.